Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Photography Composition

Formal Balance
Frozen: Nick Gurrieri 2015
Formal Balance- The picture has symmetry
 I believe my picture above demonstrates symmetry because it seems as if you were to fold the picture in half it would pretty much match up.

Low Key
Hidden In Plain Sight: Nick Gurrieri 2015
Low Key- Dim and less active
 I think my picture above represents low key because even though there are spots of light, the main focus is dark and there is nothing that is very distracting taking place.

Angle (Eye-Level)
Life: Nick Gurrieri 2015
Angle- A picture from a certain point
 I think my photo here represents angel because even though the plant was small, I made sure I was at eye-level when I took this photo so you could see the entire plant.

Distance (Far)
The River: Nick Gurrieri 2015
Distance- The amount of space between the photographer and his main focus

I believe my photo above represents a far distance because the picture is of a stream which extends further into the woods. If you look closely you can see it way in the back left and since the stream is the main focus I believed it fit this definition.

Focus (Sharp)
A New Begging: Nick Gurrieri 2015
Focus- What the photographer really wants you to pay attention to
 I think my photo above represents a sharp focus because the picture is strongly focused on the flowers toward the middle and even though you can see more in the background, it makes hard to make out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment